Accept Cookies?
Provided by OpenGlobal E-commerce

Blackburn Hall

The south wing is medieval and was used by the monks of Bridlington Priory who were sent to service St. Andrew's Church before the Reformation.

The rest of Blackburn Hall has two date-stones carved EHB 1635. The Hall is named after Elizabeth Hutton Blackburn. The East end of the South Aisle in Grinton Church is the Blackburn Chapel. Her tombstone is in this Chapel but is now not visible. Photographs of the Chapel are in the Church page on this site.

It was the Nether Hall of West Grinton Manor.


Out of Oblivion

British History Online

British Listed Buildings

Archaeology Data Service

Blackburn Hall has magnificent gardens as may be seen in these photographs taken in 2002. The gardens are not open to the public.

Click on a picture to enlarge it and see all the photographs in a slide-show.